(1) a class of voting shares registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission or another federal agency under Section 12 of the 1934 Exchange Act; and
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 35-2-104
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Exchange Act: means the act of Congress known as the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. See South Carolina Code 35-2-103
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(2) its principal place of business, its principal office, or substantial assets within South Carolina; and either:
(A) more than ten percent of its shareholders resident in South Carolina;
(B) more than ten percent of its shares owned by South Carolina residents; or
(C) ten thousand shareholders resident in South Carolina.
(b) The residence of a shareholder is presumed to be the address appearing in the records of the corporation.
(c) Shares held by banks (except as trustee or guardian), brokers, or nominees must be disregarded for purposes of calculating the percentages or numbers described in this section.