(1) any corporation or organization of which the person is an officer or partner or is (directly or indirectly) the beneficial owner of ten percent or more of any class of voting shares;
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 35-2-203
- beneficial owner: when used with respect to any shares, means a person that:
(1) individually or with or through any of its affiliates or associates beneficially owns the shares (directly or indirectly);
(2) individually or with or through any of its affiliates or associates has:
(A) the right to acquire the shares (whether the right is exercisable immediately or only after the passage of time) under any agreement, arrangement, or understanding (whether or not in writing), or upon the exercise of conversion rights, exchange rights, warrants or options, or otherwise. See South Carolina Code 35-2-204
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- voting shares: means shares of capital stock of a corporation entitled to vote generally in the election of directors. See South Carolina Code 35-2-217
(2) any trust or other estate in which the person has a substantial beneficial interest or as to which the person serves as trustee or in a similar fiduciary capacity; and
(3) any relative or spouse of the person, or any relative of the spouse, who has the same home as the person.