(B) Upon or after an individual’s death, a person in possession of a document of gift or a refusal to make an anatomical gift with respect to the individual shall allow examination and copying of the document of gift or refusal by a person authorized to make or object to the making of an anatomical gift with respect to the individual or by a person to which the gift could pass under Section 44-43-350.
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 44-43-360
- Anatomical gift: means a donation of all or part of a human body to take effect after the donor's death for the purpose of transplantation, therapy, research, or education. See South Carolina Code 44-43-305
- Document of gift: means a donor card or other record used to make an anatomical gift. See South Carolina Code 44-43-305
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, limited liability company, association, joint venture, public corporation, government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, or any other legal or commercial entity. See South Carolina Code 44-43-305
- Refusal: means a record created under Section 44-43-330 that expressly states an intent to bar other persons from making an anatomical gift of an individual's body or part. See South Carolina Code 44-43-305