(2) It is unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale or give away as merchandising premiums, baby chickens, ducklings or other fowl under four weeks of age or rabbits under two months of age to be used as pets, toys or retail premiums.
Terms Used In This Law
- Animal: means a living vertebrate creature except a homo sapien. South Carolina Code 47-1-10
- conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
(3) This section shall not be construed to apply to any animal or fowl, including but not limited to rabbits, baby chickens and ducklings to be used or raised for agricultural purposes by persons with proper facilities to care for them or for poultry or livestock exhibitions.
(4) Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be fined not more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days.