(b) To remedy a breach of trust that has occurred or may occur, the court may:
Terms Used In South Carolina Code 62-7-1001
- assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(1) compel the trustee to perform the trustee’s duties;
(2) enjoin the trustee from committing a breach of trust;
(3) compel the trustee to redress a breach of trust by paying money, restoring property, or other means;
(4) order a trustee to account;
(5) appoint a special administrator.”>fiduciary to take possession of the trust property and administer the trust;
(6) suspend the trustee;
(7) remove the trustee as provided in Section 62-7-706;
(8) reduce or deny compensation to the trustee;
(9) subject to Section 62-7-1012, void an act of the trustee, impose a lien or a constructive trust on trust property, or trace trust property wrongfully disposed of and recover the property or its proceeds; or
(10) order any other appropriate relief.