|§ 17-7-510||Penalty for burying body without notice or inquiry|
|§ 17-7-520||Order to take up buried body on suspicion of violent death; examination|
|§ 17-7-530||Record of body long dead and buried or improperly kept|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 17 > Chapter 7 > Article 3
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Owner: as used in this chapter means any person or entity owning of record a legal or equitable real property interest or incorporeal hereditament in affected lands as an abutter. See South Carolina Code 30-5-270
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.