Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 44 > Chapter 79
- Administrator: means the administrator of the South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs. See South Carolina Code 44-79-20
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appellate: About appeals; an appellate court has the power to review the judgement of another lower court or tribunal.
- Benefit ratio: means :
(a) for the period of January 1, 2011, through December 31, 2013, the number calculated by dividing the sum of all benefits charged to an employer during the forty calendar quarters immediately preceding the calculation date by the sum of the employer's taxable payroll for the same period. See South Carolina Code 41-31-5
- Center: means any person or organization which, for profit, offers physical fitness services, whether at multiple outlets bearing the same name or a single outlet. See South Carolina Code 44-79-20
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Employment and Workforce. See South Carolina Code 41-31-5
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Finance charge: The total cost of credit a customer must pay on a consumer loan, including interest. The Truth in Lending Act requires disclosure of the finance charge. Source: OCC
- member: means a person who contracts for the use of physical fitness services. See South Carolina Code 44-79-20
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Outlet: means a separate location of a center which is not physically connected with another center but which uses the same name. See South Carolina Code 44-79-20
- Physical fitness services: means facilities or services for the development of physical fitness through exercise or weight control. See South Carolina Code 44-79-20