|§ 44-81-10||Short title|
|§ 44-81-20||Legislative findings|
|§ 44-81-40||Rights of residents; written and oral explanation required|
|§ 44-81-60||Grievance procedures; review by department|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 44 > Chapter 81
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Department: means the Department of Employment and Workforce. See South Carolina Code 41-31-5
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Long-term care facility: means an intermediate care facility, nursing care facility, or residential care facility subject to regulation and licensure by the State Department of Health and Environmental Control (department). See South Carolina Code 44-81-30
- Representative: means a resident's legal guardian, committee, or next of kin or other person acting as agent of a resident who does not have a legally appointed guardian. See South Carolina Code 44-81-30
- Resident: means a person who is receiving treatment or care in a long-term care facility. See South Carolina Code 44-81-30