South Carolina Code > Title 56 > Chapter 5 > Article 31 – Miscellaneous Traffic Rules
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 56 > Chapter 5 > Article 31 - Miscellaneous Traffic Rules
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- roadway: as used in this chapter shall refer to any such roadway separately but not to all such roadways collectively. See South Carolina Code 56-5-460