Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-10.6
- Dairy farm: any place or premise where one or more cows, sheep, or goats are kept and from which a part or all of the milk or milk products are produced and sold, or offered for sale to a milk plant. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Dairy fieldman: a person employed by the milk plant to determine if a producer is maintaining satisfactory production requirements in accordance with this chapter and the rules promulgated pursuant to this chapter. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Grade A: any milk or milk product that complies with the standards set forth in any rules promulgated pursuant to § . See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Milk plant: any place where milk or a milk product is delivered or processed for commercial purposes. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
- Secretary: the secretary of agriculture. See South Dakota Codified Laws 40-32-2
Any milk plant purchasing milk for purposes other than Grade A as set forth in chapter 39-6 shall provide adequate and continuous service of a dairy fieldman in determining for the secretary of agriculture by inspection of each dairy farm selling milk to such plant that the facilities and methods of production are in compliance with this chapter and the rules and regulations adopted thereunder. A dairy fieldman shall have access, ingress, and egress to all such dairy farms.