|§ 20-10A-1||Definition of terms|
|§ 20-10A-2||Cause of action for damages|
|§ 20-10A-3||Liability for damages|
|§ 20-10A-4||Limitation on actions for damages.Get Chapter 20-10A|
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws > Title 20 > Chapter 10A
- Agricultural food product: any food product of agriculture or aquaculture that is sold or distributed in a form that will perish or decay beyond marketability within a period of time. See South Dakota Codified Laws 20-10A-1
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Disparagement: dissemination in any manner to the public of any information that the disseminator knows to be false and that states or implies that an agricultural food product is not safe for consumption by the public or that generally accepted agricultural and management practices make agricultural food products unsafe for consumption by the public. See South Dakota Codified Laws 20-10A-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Year: a calendar year. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2