In this chapter:
- “Affiliated person” means a person under common ownership or control of an intended recipient.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- “Intended recipient” means a person who purchases, rents, leases, or otherwise obtains a product or service in the commercial market that is not for resale in the ordinary business and that is, or later becomes, the subject of a patent infringement allegation.
- “Person” means any natural person, partnership, corporation, company, trust, business entity or association, and any agent, employee, partner, officer, director, member, associate, or trustee thereof.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 29-10-101