(a) The board shall have a president and a vice president, who shall be elected annually from its pharmacist members.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 63-10-303
- Board: means the Tennessee board of pharmacy. See Tennessee Code 63-10-204
- Director: means the director of the health related boards. See Tennessee Code 63-10-204
- Division: means the division of health related boards. See Tennessee Code 63-10-204
- Executive director: means the executive director of the Tennessee board of pharmacy. See Tennessee Code 63-10-204
- Pharmacist: means an individual health care provider licensed by the state, pursuant to parts 4-6 of this chapter, to practice the profession of pharmacy. See Tennessee Code 63-10-204
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
(b) A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum. The board president may, when it is deemed necessary, split the board into panels of three (3) or more each to conduct contested case hearings or disciplinary matters. When the board is split into panels for purposes of contested case hearings and disciplinary matters, three (3) or more members shall constitute a quorum.
(c) The division shall employ on behalf of and in consideration of the recommendation of the board an executive director who shall be a pharmacist who has been licensed in Tennessee for a period of at least five (5) years. The executive director‘s duties shall be those specified by the board and by the director and may include, but not be limited to, recording and compiling the minutes of the board, supervising the employees assigned by the division to support the board, performing such studies and research as the board or division directs, representing the board at such functions as authorized by the board and the division and acting as consultant to the division in its enforcement duties on behalf of the board.