- As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “De novo” means anew, afresh and from the beginning;
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 65-29-103
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes any natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state or political subdivision or agency thereof, or any body politic. See Tennessee Code 65-29-103
(2) “Member” means each incorporator of a cooperative and each person admitted to and retaining membership in the cooperative, and includes a husband and wife admitted to joint membership;
(3) “Person” includes any natural person, firm, association, corporation, business trust, partnership, federal agency, state or political subdivision or agency thereof, or any body politic; and
(4) “Telephone service” means any communication service whereby communication through the electric or electronic transmission of impulses by or through any media such as wireless technology, wires, cables, microwaves, radio waves, light waves or any combination of such media or any other future transmission technology which may become available to improve communication services, is the principal intended use thereof, and includes all telephone lines, facilities or systems used in the rendition of such service.