|§ 22-3-101||Absolute right of parties to examine|
|§ 22-3-102||Challenge for general causes of incompetency|
|§ 22-3-103||Challenge for adverse interest|
|§ 22-3-104||Peremptory challenges — Effect of consolidation of cases|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 22 > Chapter 3
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of health or the commissioner's designated representative. See Tennessee Code 68-1-801
- Committee: means the perinatal advisory committee. See Tennessee Code 68-1-801
- Department: means the department of health. See Tennessee Code 68-1-801
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Governing body: means the body in which the general legislative powers of a municipality are vested, and in the case of counties means the legislative body of any county. See Tennessee Code 7-90-103
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- medical school authority: means any public corporation organized pursuant to this chapter. See Tennessee Code 7-90-103
- Municipality: means any county, metropolitan government or incorporated city or town in this state located in a county having a population of not less than ninety-one thousand eight hundred (91,800), according to the 2000 federal census or any subsequent federal census. See Tennessee Code 7-90-103
- Perinatal: means the period from time of conception through the first year of life of the infant and sixty (60) days post partum for the mother. See Tennessee Code 68-1-801
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Project: means any facilities or group of facilities to be used for a medical school, dental school, biomedical research, graduate medical education, nursing degree programs, or allied health profession degree programs. See Tennessee Code 7-90-103
- State: means the state of Tennessee and, unless otherwise indicated by the context, any agency, authority, branch, bureau, commission, corporation, department or instrumentality of the state, now or hereafter existing. See Tennessee Code 7-90-103
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.