Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 65 > Chapter 17
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Agriculture: means :
(i) The land, buildings and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products and nursery stock. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Baseline: Projection of the receipts, outlays, and other budget amounts that would ensue in the future without any change in existing policy. Baseline projections are used to gauge the extent to which proposed legislation, if enacted into law, would alter current spending and revenue levels.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: means a person accused of an offense under this title and includes any person who aids or abets the commission of such offense. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Department: means the department of environment and conservation. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Deprive: means to:
(A) Withhold property from the owner permanently or for such a period of time as to substantially diminish the value or enjoyment of the property to the owner. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Emancipated minor: means any minor who is or has been married, or has by court order or otherwise been freed from the care, custody and control of the minor's parents. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Government: means the state or any political subdivision of the state, and includes any branch or agency of the state, a county, municipality or other political subdivision. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Local government: means any county, municipality, city, or other political subdivision of this state. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Local legislation: means any ordinance, resolution, motion, amendment, regulation, or rule adopted by a local government. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Local legislative body: means the governing body of a local government. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Minor: means any person under eighteen (18) years of age. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Non-participating landowner: means a landowner not under a lease or other property agreement with the owner or operator of a wind turbine facility. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Owner: means a person, other than the defendant, who has possession of or any interest other than a mortgage, deed of trust or security interest in property, even though that possession or interest is unlawful and without whose consent the defendant has no authority to exert control over the property. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Person: includes the singular and the plural and means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, copartnership, association, corporation, governmental subdivision or agency, or other organization or other legal entity, or any agent or servant thereof. See Tennessee Code 39-11-106
- Person: means any natural person, corporation, limited liability company, partnership, joint venture, or other private business entity except for corporations transacting business in this state pursuant to chapter 25 of this title. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- redevelopment: means the process of replanning, reconstructing, or redesigning a wind energy facility, including the acquisition, clearance, development, or disposal, or any combination of these activities, of a wind energy facility. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Representative: when applied to those who represent a decedent, includes executors and administrators, unless the context implies heirs and distributees. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Wind energy facility expansion: means any activity that:
(A) Adds or substantially modifies a wind energy facility, including increasing the height or the number of the turbines, transmission facilities, or other equipment. See Tennessee Code 65-17-101
- Writing: includes printing or any other method of recording information, money, coins, tokens, stamps, seals, credit cards, badges, trademarks, and symbols of value, right, privilege or identification. See Tennessee Code 39-14-114
- written: includes printing, typewriting, engraving, lithography, and any other mode of representing words and letters. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105