Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 68 > Safety > Chapter 111 - Rented Premises Unfit for Habitation
- Agent: means a person:
(A) Authorized to act for and on behalf of the landlord for the acceptance of service of process and for receipt of notices and demands or who becomes an agent pursuant to §. See Tennessee Code 68-111-101
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County mayor: means and includes "county executive" unless the context clearly indicates otherwise. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Landlord: means lessor, one under whom another holds premises as a tenant or lessee. See Tennessee Code 68-111-101
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Representative: when applied to those who represent a decedent, includes executors and administrators, unless the context implies heirs and distributees. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Tenant: means one who occupies as a residence the premises of another in subordination to that other person's title and with such other person's assent, express or implied, and whose rental payments do not exceed two hundred dollars ($200) per week or the monetary equivalent, for any period of payment other than weekly. See Tennessee Code 68-111-101
- Third party complainant: means a health care provider or public employee who, in the regular performance of the health care provider's or public employee's duties, has been inside a premises occupied by a tenant. See Tennessee Code 68-111-101