|§ 105.002||Recovery of Fees, Expenses, and Attorney’s Fees for Frivolous Claim|
|§ 105.003||Motion of Frivolous Claim|
|§ 105.004||Payment of Costs|
|§ 105.005||Recovery of Attorney’s Fees and Costs in Frivolous Regulatory Action|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 105 - Frivolous Claim or Regulatory Action by State Agency
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Comptroller: means the state comptroller of public accounts. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Pleadings: Written statements of the parties in a civil case of their positions. In the federal courts, the principal pleadings are the complaint and the answer.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.