|§ 147.121||Damage Limitations Apply Only If Defendant Shows Good Faith Effort to Cure or Correct|
|§ 147.122||Damages Not Recoverable|
|§ 147.123||Mitigation of Damages|
Terms Used In Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 147 > Subchapter D - Damages
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Justice: when applied to a magistrate, means justice of the peace. See Texas Government Code 312.011
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.