Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 26.041 – Procedures Related to Guardianships
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
(a) In this article:
(1) “Guardian” has the meaning assigned by Section 1002.012, Estates Code.
(2) “Letters of guardianship” means a certificate issued under Section 1106.001(a), Estates Code.
(b) A guardian who provides a court with letters of guardianship for a defendant may:
(1) provide information relevant to the determination of indigency; and
(2) request that counsel be appointed in accordance with this chapter.
Terms Used In Texas Code of Criminal Procedure 26.041
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.