Terms Used In Texas Estates Code 355.110
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- personal representative: include :
(1) an executor and independent executor;
(2) an administrator, independent administrator, and temporary administrator; and
(3) a successor to an executor or administrator listed in Subdivision (1) or (2). See Texas Estates Code 22.031
A personal representative paying a claim for funeral expenses and for items incident to the funeral, such as a tombstone, grave marker, crypt, or burial plot:
(1) shall charge all of the claim to the decedent‘s estate; and
(2) may not charge any part of the claim to the community share of a surviving spouse.