Terms Used In Texas Finance Code 395.102
- Community Reinvestment Act: The Act is intended to encourage depository institutions to help meet the credit needs of the communities in which they operate, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods. It was enacted by the Congress in 1977. Source: OCC
In developing the strategies required by Section 395.101, the work group shall:
(1) explore innovative qualified investment strategies;
(2) ensure to the extent possible that the strategies encourage financial institutions in this state to lend money to low-income and moderate-income families and individuals in the state;
(3) coordinate its efforts to attract private capital through investments that meet the requirements of the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 (12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.); and
(4) ensure to the extent possible that the strategies augment existing Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 programs in the state, including the operation of local community development corporations.