(a) The department shall contract with at least three eligible community-based organizations or local governmental entities selected by the department to:
(1) provide respite services; and
(2) facilitate access to respite services.
(b) The department may award a contract under this section only after issuing a request for proposals for the contract.
Terms Used In Texas Human Resources Code 161.154
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
(c) A community-based organization or local governmental entity is eligible to contract under this section only if the organization or entity has experience in and an existing procedure for:
(1) coordinating support services for multiple groups of persons who need support services, including persons with a physical or intellectual disability and elderly persons;
(2) connecting caregivers with respite services providers;
(3) maintaining and providing information regarding available respite services; and
(4) conducting public awareness activities regarding available respite services.
(d) The department shall include in each contract with a respite services coordinator provisions requiring the coordinator to:
(1) subject to the availability of money, provide vouchers for respite services to caregivers participating in the program who are not eligible for respite services provided through other programs; and
(2) connect caregivers participating in the program with available respite services.
(e) The department shall provide each community-based organization or local governmental entity with which the department contracts under this subchapter with:
(1) technical assistance; and
(2) policy and program development support.
(f) The department shall monitor a contractor’s performance under a contract entered into under this subchapter using clearly defined and measurable performance objectives.