|§ 290||Establishment of Community Facilities and Programs for the Elderly|
|§ 291||Acquisition of Real Property|
|§ 292||Equipment, Maintenance and Operation|
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Municipal > Article 13-D - Community Facilities and Programs for the Elderly
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.