(a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to promote or assist the commission of suicide by another, he aids or attempts to aid the other to commit or attempt to commit suicide.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor unless the actor‘s conduct causes suicide or attempted suicide that results in serious bodily injury, in which event the offense is a state jail felony.
Terms Used In Texas Penal Code 22.08
- Actor: means a person whose criminal responsibility is in issue in a criminal action. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Another: means a person other than the actor. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Bodily injury: means physical pain, illness, or any impairment of physical condition. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Conduct: means an act or omission and its accompanying mental state. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Felony: means an offense so designated by law or punishable by death or confinement in a penitentiary. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Misdemeanor: means an offense so designated by law or punishable by fine, by confinement in jail, or by both fine and confinement in jail. See Texas Estates Code 505.051
- Serious bodily injury: means bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death, serious permanent disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ. See Texas Estates Code 505.051