||Conciliation agreements and the director‘s determination and order are public records.
Terms Used In Utah Code 57-21-13
- Commission: means the Labor Commission. See Utah Code 57-21-2
- Conciliation: means the attempted resolution of an issue raised in a complaint of discriminatory housing practices by the investigation of the complaint through informal negotiations involving the complainant, the respondent, and the division. See Utah Code 57-21-2
- Director: means the director of the division or a designee. See Utah Code 57-21-2
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
||Subject to Subsection (3), neither the commission nor its staff may divulge or make public information gained from any investigation, settlement negotiation, conciliation, hearing, or administrative proceeding before the commission, except as follows:
||Information used by the director in making any determination may be provided to all interested parties for the purpose of preparation for and participation in the investigation and any proceedings before the commission or court.
||General statistical information may be disclosed provided identities of individuals or parties are not disclosed.
||Information may be disclosed for inspection upon proper request by the attorney general or other legal representatives of the state or commission.
||Information may be disclosed for information and reporting requirements of the federal government.
||The commission or its staff may not divulge or make public any information gained from any investigation, settlement negotiation, conciliation, hearing, or administrative proceeding before the commission if a privacy interest entitled to protection by law exists or the commission determines that disclosure will not further the purposes of this chapter.
Amended by Chapter 375, 1997 General Session