||The definitions listed in this section apply to the Utah Code, unless:
Terms Used In Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Administrator: includes "executor" when the subject matter justifies the use. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Armed forces: means the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Codicil: An addition, change, or supplement to a will executed with the same formalities required for the will itself.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County executive: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Executor: includes "administrator" when the subject matter justifies the use. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Guardian: includes a person who:Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Oath: includes "affirmation. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Personal property: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Road: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Utah Code: means the 1953 recodification of the Utah Code, as amended, unless the text expressly references a portion of the 1953 recodification of the Utah Code as it existed:Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Writ: means an order or precept in writing, issued in the name of:Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Writing: includes :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
||the definition is inconsistent with the manifest intent of the Legislature or repugnant to the context of the statute; or
||a different definition is expressly provided for the respective title, chapter, part, section, or subsection.