|Part 1||General Provisions||58-42a-101 – 58-42A-103|
|Part 3||Licensing||58-42a-301 – 58-42a-306|
|Part 4||License Denial and Discipline||58-42a-401|
|Part 5||Unlawful and Unprofessional Conduct||58-42a-501 – 58-42a-502|
Terms Used In Utah Code > Title 58 > Chapter 42a
- Alcoholic product: includes an alcoholic beverage. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Board: means the Board of Occupational Therapy created in Section 58-42a-201. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- Commission: means the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission created in Section 32B-2-201. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control created in Section 32B-2-203. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Individual treatment plan: includes :
(i) planning and directing specific exercises and programs to improve sensory integration and motor functioning at the level of performance neurologically appropriate for the individual's stage of development; (ii) establishing a program of instruction to teach a client skills, behaviors, and attitudes necessary for the client's independent productive, emotional, and social functioning; (iii) analyzing, selecting, and adapting functional exercises to achieve and maintain the client's optimal functioning in activities of daily living and to prevent further disability; and (iv) planning and directing specific programs to evaluate and enhance perceptual, motor, and cognitive skills. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- License: means :
(a) a retail license; (b) a sublicense; (c) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 11, Manufacturing and Related Licenses Act; (d) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 12, Liquor Warehousing License Act; (e) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 13, Beer Wholesaling License Act; or (f) a license issued in accordance with Chapter 17, Liquor Transport License Act. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Licensee: means a person who holds a license. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Liquor: includes :
(A) heavy beer; (B) wine; and (C) a flavored malt beverage. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Liquor warehousing license: means a license that is issued:
(a) in accordance with Chapter 12, Liquor Warehousing License Act; and (b) to a person, other than a licensed manufacturer, who engages in the importation for storage, sale, or distribution of liquor regardless of amount. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Minor: means an individual under the age of 21 years. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Occupational therapist: means a person licensed under this chapter to practice occupational therapy. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- Occupational therapy aide: means a person who is not licensed under this chapter but who provides supportive services under the supervision of an occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- Occupational therapy assistant: means a person licensed under this chapter to practice occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist as described in Sections 58-42a-305 and 58-42a-306. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- Person: means :Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Practice of occupational therapy: includes :
(i) establishing, remediating, or restoring an undeveloped or impaired skill or ability of an individual; (ii) modifying or adapting an activity or environment to enhance an individual's performance; (iii) maintaining and improving an individual's capabilities to avoid declining performance in everyday life activities; (iv) promoting health and wellness to develop or improve an individual's performance in everyday life activities; (v) performance-barrier prevention for an individual, including disability prevention; (vii) providing interventions and procedures to promote or enhance an individual's safety and performance in activities of daily living in educational, work, and social situations, including: (A) the therapeutic use of occupations and exercises; (B) training in self-care, self-management, home-management, and community and work reintegration; (C) the development, remediation, or compensation of behavioral skills and physical, cognitive, neuromuscular, and sensory functions; (D) the education and training of an individual's family members and caregivers; (E) care coordination, case management, and transition services; (F) providing consulting services to groups, programs, organizations, or communities, (G) modifying the environment and adapting processes, including the application of ergonomic principles; (H) assessing, designing, fabricating, applying, fitting, and providing training in assistive technology, adaptive devices, orthotic devices, and prosthetic devices; (I) assessing, recommending, and training an individual in techniques to enhance functional mobility, including wheelchair management; (J) driver rehabilitation and community mobility; (K) enhancing eating and feeding performance; and (L) applying physical agent modalities, managing wound care, and using manual therapy techniques to enhance an individual's performance skills, if the occupational therapist has received the necessary training as determined by division rule in collaboration with the board. See Utah Code 58-42a-102
- Premises: means a building, enclosure, or room used in connection with the storage, sale, furnishing, consumption, manufacture, or distribution, of an alcoholic product, unless otherwise defined in this title or rules made by the commission. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Process: means a writ or summons issued in the course of a judicial proceeding. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Record: includes :
(i) a book; (ii) a book of account; (iii) a paper; (iv) a contract; (v) an agreement; (vi) a document; or (vii) a recording in any medium. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- Staff: includes :
(i) an officer; (ii) a director; (iii) an employee; (iv) personnel management; (v) an agent of the licensee, including a managing agent; (vi) an operator; or (vii) a representative. See Utah Code 32B-1-102
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes a state, district, or territory of the United States. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes each state, district, and territory of the United States of America. See Utah Code 68-3-12.5
- License: means :