A. The Small Grains Board shall have charge of the management and expenditure of the Virginia Small Grains Fund established in the state treasury.
Terms Used In Virginia Code 3.2-2204
- Board: means the Board of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Virginia Code 3.2-100
- Commissioner: means the Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services. See Virginia Code 3.2-100
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Small grains: means barley, oats, rye, or wheat. See Virginia Code 3.2-2200
- State: when applied to a part of the United States, includes any of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the United States Virgin Islands. See Virginia Code 1-245
B. The Small Grains Board may expend funds to provide for programs of market development, education, publicity, research, and the promotion of the sale and use of small grains; to manage the funds so as to accumulate a reserve for contingencies; to establish an office and employ such technical, professional, and other assistants as may be required; and to contract for market development, publicity, research, advertising, and other promotional services.
C. The Small Grains Board may establish an executive committee and charge it with such powers, duties, and functions as deemed proper.
D. The Small Grains Board shall not enter into an agreement with the Federal Commodity Credit Corporation to collect the specified assessment on all small grains pledged as collateral for a commodity credit corporation price support loan or purchase by the Federal Commodity Credit Corporation under its loan or purchase programs.
E. The chairman of the Small Grains Board shall make a report at the annual meeting of the Virginia Grain Producers Association including a statement of the total receipts and disbursements for the year. He shall file a copy of the report with the Commissioner and the members of the Small Grains Board.
1991, c. 587, § 3.1-684.52; 2008, c. 860.