(1) A lease, although subject to this title, is also subject to any applicable:
Terms Used In Virginia Code 8.2A-104
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(b) Certificate of title statute of another jurisdiction (§ 8.2A-105); or
(c) Consumer protection statute of this Commonwealth, such as Chapter 17 (§ 59.1-196 et seq.) of Title 59.1, or final consumer protection decision of a court of this Commonwealth existing on the effective date of this title.
(2) In case of conflict between this title, other than §§ 8.2A-105, 8.2A-304 (3) and 8.2A-305 (3), and a statute or decision referred to in subsection (1) of this section, the statute or decision controls.
(3) Failure to comply with an applicable law has only the effect specified therein.
1991, c. 536; 2013, c. 787.