|§ 16.1-222||Established; powers of Director|
|§ 16.1-223||Receipt, etc., of data; forms for reports; confidentiality|
|§ 16.1-224||Data submissions by court service units|
|§ 16.1-225||Penalty for violation of confidentiality of records|
Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 16.1 > Chapter 10
- court: shall be deemed to include the courts of this Commonwealth, any other person or body appointed by it or acting under its process or authority in a judicial or quasi-judicial capacity, and any other judicial, quasi-judicial, or fact-finding body acting pursuant to the laws of the Commonwealth, including without limitation, the State Corporation Commission and the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission. See Virginia Code 8.01-385
- Credit union: means a cooperative, nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of the Commonwealth and authorized to do business under this chapter for the purposes of encouraging thrift among its members, creating a source of credit at fair and reasonable rates of interest, providing an opportunity for its members to use and control their own money on a democratic basis in order to improve their economic and social condition, and conducting any other business, engaging in any other activity, and providing any other service that may be of benefit to its members, consistent with the provisions of this chapter and any regulations adopted by the Commission under this chapter. See Virginia Code 6.2-1300
- Deposition: An oral statement made before an officer authorized by law to administer oaths. Such statements are often taken to examine potential witnesses, to obtain discovery, or to be used later in trial.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Insuring organization: means an organization that provides aid and financial assistance to credit unions that are in the process of liquidation or are incurring financial difficulty in order that the share accounts in the credit unions shall be protected or guaranteed against loss up to a specified limit for each account, such as the National Credit Union Administration Share Insurance Fund, a corporation organized under Article 5 (§ 6. See Virginia Code 6.2-1300
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.