(1) Producer members of the commission shall be nominated by producers within the district or area that such producer members represent.
Terms Used In Washington Code 15.44.033
- director: means the director of agriculture or his or her authorized representative. See Washington Code 15.44.020
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(2) Nomination for candidates to be appointed to the commission shall be conducted by mail by the director. Such nomination forms shall be mailed by the director to each producer in a district or area where a vacancy is about to occur. Such mailing shall be made on or after April 1st, but not later than April 10th of the year the incumbent’s term will expire. The nomination form shall provide for the name of the nominee and the names of five other producers nominating such nominee. The producers nominating such nominee shall sign the form and shall further attest that the nominee meets the qualifications for a producer member to serve on the commission and that he or she will be willing to serve on the commission if appointed.
(3) All nominations as provided for in this section shall be returned to the director by April 30th, and the director shall not accept any nomination postmarked later than midnight April 30th, nor place the candidate thereon on the advisory ballot.
(4) Advisory vote ballots for appointing nominees to the commission will be mailed by the director to all eligible producers no later than May 15th, in districts or areas where advisory votes are to be held and such ballots to be valid shall be returned postmarked no later than May 31st of the year mailed, to the director in Olympia.
(5) The director shall determine whether the persons nominated possess the qualifications required by statute for the position.
Effective date—2003 c 396: See note following RCW 15.66.030.
Effective date—1995 c 374 §§ 1-47, 50-53, and 59-68: See note following RCW 15.36.012.
Severability—1967 c 240: See note following RCW 43.23.010.