(1) The commission shall develop and submit to the director for approval any plans, programs, and projects concerning the following:
Terms Used In Washington Code 15.44.061
- director: means the director of agriculture or his or her authorized representative. See Washington Code 15.44.020
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
(a) The establishment, issuance, effectuation, and administration of appropriate programs or projects for the advertising, promotion, and education of the affected commodities; and
(b) The establishment and effectuation of market research projects, market development projects, or both to the end that the marketing and utilization of the affected commodities may be encouraged, expanded, improved, or made more efficient.
(2) The director shall review the commission’s advertising or promotion program to ensure that no false claims are being made concerning the affected commodities.
(3) The commission, prior to the beginning of its fiscal year, shall prepare and submit to the director for approval its research plan, its commodity-related education, training and leadership plan, and its budget on a fiscal period basis.
(4) The director shall strive to review and make a determination of all submissions described in this section in a timely manner.
Effective date—2003 c 396: See note following RCW 15.66.030.