(1) Under RCW 42.56.380, certain agricultural business records, commission records, and department of agriculture records relating to the commission and producers of agricultural commodities are exempt from public disclosure.
Terms Used In Washington Code 15.44.185
- Department: means the department of agriculture. See Washington Code 15.04.010
- director: means the director of agriculture or his or her authorized representative. See Washington Code 15.44.020
- Person: includes any individual, firm, corporation, trust, association, cooperative, copartnership, society, any other organization of individuals, and any other business unit, device, or arrangement. See Washington Code 15.04.010
(2) Financial and commercial information and records submitted to either the department or the commission for the purpose of administering this chapter may be shared between the department and the commission. They may also be used, if required, in any suit or administrative hearing involving any provision of this chapter or a marketing order.
(3) This chapter does not prohibit:
(a) The issuance of general statements based upon the reports of persons subject to this chapter as long as the statements do not identify the information furnished by any person; or
(b) The publication by the director or the commission of the name of any person violating this chapter and a statement of the manner of the violation by that person.
Effective dates—2002 c 313: See note following RCW 15.65.020.