It is unlawful:
Terms Used In Washington Code 18.104.030
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080
(1) For any person to supervise, construct, alter, or decommission a well without complying with the provisions of this chapter and the rules for well construction adopted pursuant to this chapter;
(2) For any person to cause a well to be constructed in violation of the standards for well construction established by this chapter and rules adopted by the department pursuant to this chapter;
(3) For a prospective water well owner to have a water well constructed without first obtaining a water right permit, if a permit is required;
(4) For any person to construct, alter, or decommission a well unless the fees required by RCW 18.104.055 have been paid;
(5) For a person to tamper with or remove a well identification tag except during well alteration; and
(6) Except as provided in RCW 18.104.180, for any person to contract to engage in the construction of a well or to act as a well operator without first obtaining a license pursuant to this chapter.