(1) The period of a service member‘s military service may not be included in computing any period limited by law, rule, or order, for the bringing of any action or proceeding in a court, or in any board bureau, commission, department, or other agency of a state, or political subdivision of a state, or the United States by or against the service member or the service member’s dependents, heirs, executors, administrators, or assigns.
Terms Used In Washington Code 38.42.090
- member: refers to a soldier or airman of the organized militia. See Washington Code 38.04.010
- military: refers to any or all of the armed forces. See Washington Code 38.04.010
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(2) A period of military service may not be included in computing any period provided by law for the redemption of real property sold or forfeited to enforce an obligation, tax, or assessment.
(3) This section does not apply to any period of limitation prescribed by or under the internal revenue laws of the United States.