The chief inspector, if authorized by the director of the department of labor and industries is hereby charged, directed and empowered:
(1) To cause the prosecution of all violators of the provisions of this chapter;
(2) To issue, or to suspend, or revoke for cause, inspection certificates as provided for in RCW 70.79.290;
(3) To take action necessary for the enforcement of the laws of the state governing the use of boilers and unfired pressure vessels and of the rules and regulations of the board;
(4) To keep a complete record of the type, dimensions, maximum allowable working pressure, age, condition, location, and date of the last recorded internal inspection of all boilers and unfired pressure vessels to which this chapter applies;
(5) To publish and distribute, among manufacturers and others requesting them, copies of the rules and regulations adopted by the board.