(1) No person, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity may install or maintain any standards that violate this chapter. In cases where the interpretation and application of the installation or maintenance standards prescribed in this chapter is in dispute, the board shall determine the methods of installation or maintenance to be used in the particular case submitted for its decision. To appeal the board’s decision, a person, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity shall, in writing, notify the chief boiler inspector. The notice shall specify the ruling or interpretation desired and the contention of the person, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity as to the proper interpretation or application on the question on which a decision is desired.
Terms Used In Washington Code 70.79.361
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may be construed to include the United States, this state, or any state or territory, or any public or private corporation or limited liability company, as well as an individual. See Washington Code 1.16.080
(2) Any person, firm, partnership, corporation, or other entity wishing to appeal a penalty issued under this chapter may appeal to the board. The appeal shall be filed within twenty days after service of the notice of the penalty to the assessed party by filing a written notice of appeal with the chief boiler inspector. The hearing and review procedures shall be conducted by the board in accordance with chapter 34.05 RCW.