Terms Used In Washington Code > Chapter 72.05
- Community facility: means a group care facility operated for the care of juveniles committed to the department under RCW
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Juvenile: means a person under the age of twenty-one who has been sentenced to a term of confinement under the supervision of the department under RCWWashington Code 72.05.020
- Secretary: means the secretary of the department. See Washington Code 72.05.020
- Service provider: means the entity that operates a community facility. See Washington Code 72.05.020
- Transportation: means the conveying, by any means, of an incarcerated pregnant woman or youth from the institution or community facility to another location from the moment she leaves the institution or community facility to the time of arrival at the other location, and includes the escorting of the pregnant incarcerated woman or youth from the institution or community facility to a transport vehicle and from the vehicle to the other location. See Washington Code 72.05.020