(a) When a court of competent jurisdiction has entered an order of paternity, the petitioner shall provide the information necessary for the clerk of the court to complete and certify a certificate of paternity on a form prescribed and furnished by the state Registrar. The certificate of paternity shall provide:
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 16-5-17
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
(1) Facts necessary to locate and identify the certificate of birth of the person whose paternity is determined;
(2) Information necessary to establish a new certificate of birth of the person whose paternity is determined; and
(3) Information sufficient to identify the order of paternity.
(b) Not later than the tenth day of each calendar month, the clerk of the court shall forward to the state Registrar certificates of paternity entered in the preceding month, together with related reports as the state Registrar shall require.
(c) In addition to providing the information necessary to establish a new certificate of birth of the person whose paternity has been determined, a person whose name is to appear on the certificate of paternity as a parent shall furnish to the clerk of the circuit court the social security number or numbers issued to the parent. A record of the social security number or numbers shall be forwarded to the state Registrar along with the certificate of paternity, as provided in subsection (b) of this section.