(a) As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires a different meaning:
Terms Used In West Virginia Code 5F-1-4
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
(1) “Administrator” means any person who fills a statutorily created position within or related to an agency or board (other than a board member) and who is designated by statute as commissioner, deputy commissioner, assistant commissioner, director, chancellor, chief, executive director, executive secretary, superintendent, deputy superintendent, or other administrative title, however designated;
(2) “Agency” means any department, division, fund, office, position, system, survey or other entity of state government, however designated, transferred to and incorporated in one of the departments created in section two of this article;
(3) “Board” means any board, commission, authority, council, or other body, however designated, consisting of two or more members, transferred to and incorporated in one of the departments created in section two of this article;
(4) “Code” means the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as heretofore and hereafter amended; and
(5) “Secretary” means the administrative head of one of the departments created in section two of this article.
(b) Although each term defined in subsection (a) of this section is in the singular, the plural of any term shall have the same meaning.