|16-1C-2||Identification badge requirements|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 16 > Article 1C
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Direct patient care: means health care that provides for the physical, diagnostic, emotional or rehabilitation needs of a patient or health care that involves examination, treatment or preparation for diagnostic tests or procedures. See West Virginia Code 16-1C-1
- Employee: means an employee or contractor of a health care provider or a person who is granted privileges by a health care provider who delivers direct patient care. See West Virginia Code 16-1C-1
- Health care provider: means an individual, partnership, corporation, facility, hospital or institution licensed or certified or authorized by law to provide professional health care service in this state to a patient during that patient's medical, remedial or behavioral health care, treatment or confinement. See West Virginia Code 16-1C-1
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Secretary: means the Secretary of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources. See West Virginia Code 16-1C-1
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10