Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 16 > Article 5K
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Bureau: means the Bureau for Children and Families Public Health within the Department of Health and Human Resources. See West Virginia Code 16-5K-2
- Council: means the Governor's Early Intervention Interagency Coordinating Council. See West Virginia Code 16-5K-2
- Department: means the Department of Health and Human Resources. See West Virginia Code 16-5K-2
- Early intervention services: means developmental services which:
(1) Are designed to meet the developmental needs of developmentally delayed infants and toddlers and the needs of the family related to enhancing the child's development. See West Virginia Code 16-5K-2
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10