|21-5I-3||Certain laws may be superseded|
|21-5I-4||Classification of independent contractors and employees|
|21-5I-5||Limitations as to scope of article|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 21 > Article 5I - West Virginia Employment Law Worker Classification Act
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Employee: means any public employee of the state, or any state agency. See West Virginia Code 21-3A-2
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means one or more individuals. See West Virginia Code 21-3A-2
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.