|Part 1||Emancipation From All||48-29-101 – 48-29-105|
|Part 2||Conveyances Between Married Persons||48-29-201 – 48-29-202|
|Part 3||Husband and Wife||48-29-301 – 48-29-303|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 48 > Article 29 - Property, Rights and Liabilities of Married Women; Husband and Wife
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Authority: means the West Virginia Military Authority. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- BRIM: means the West Virginia Board of Risk and Insurance Management. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- Code: shall mean the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as heretofore and hereafter amended. See West Virginia Code 8-1-2
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County court: shall mean the governmental body created by section twenty-two, article eight of the Constitution of this state, or any existing tribunal created in lieu of a county court. See West Virginia Code 8-1-2
- Employee: means any person who, within the at-will employment relationship, is hired to perform duties related to national security, homeland security and other military-related or -sponsored programs. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Governing body: shall mean the mayor and council together, the council, the board of directors, the commission, or other board or body of any municipality, by whatever name called, as the case may be, charged with the responsibility of enacting ordinances and determining the public policy of such municipality. See West Virginia Code 8-1-2
- Guard: means West Virginia National Guard, including its army and air components. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- judgment: includes decrees and orders for the payment of money or the conveyance or delivery of land or personal property, or some interest therein, or any undertaking, bond or recognizance which has the legal effect of a judgment. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Municipality: is a word of art and shall mean and include any Class I, Class II and Class III city and any Class IV town or village, heretofore or hereafter incorporated as a municipal corporation under the laws of this state. See West Virginia Code 8-1-2
- Nonappropriated fund instrumentality: means an enterprise operated exclusively with funds derived from sales or user fees, which receives no legislative appropriations for its operations. See West Virginia Code 15-1H-1
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- PEIA: means Public Employees Insurance Act. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- PERS: means Public Employees Retirement System. See West Virginia Code 15-1J-3
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- personal property: include goods, chattels, real and personal, money, credits, investments and the evidences thereof. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- region: as used in this article , shall mean a specific metropolitan interstate area designated by the proper federal agency pursuant to the "Demonstration Cities and Metropolitan Development Act of 1966" and any amendments thereto, as well as all other interstate areas which would benefit from cooperative planning. See West Virginia Code 8-26-2
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- User fees: Fees charged to users of goods or services provided by the government. In levying or authorizing these fees, the legislature determines whether the revenue should go into the treasury or should be available to the agency providing the goods or services.