|62-11F-2||Establishment of pretrial release programs|
|62-11F-3||Pretrial release program guidelines|
|62-11F-4||Pretrial release assessment|
|62-11F-5||Role of pretrial release programs|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 62 > Article 11F
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.