In this subchapter:
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes 440.40
(1) “Digital network” means any Internet site or online-enabled application, software, or system that permits the prearrangement of transportation network services.
(2) “Licensed company” means a transportation network company that is licensed under s. 440.415.
(3) “Participating driver” means an individual who does all of the following:
(a) Pays a fee to a transportation network company to be connected to a passenger for the purpose of engaging in transportation network services.
(b) Uses a personal vehicle to engage in transportation network services for compensation.
(4) “Passenger” means an individual who uses a transportation network company’s digital network to connect to a participating driver for transportation network services, and, unless the context requires otherwise, includes all other persons in that individual’s party who accompany that individual in the participating driver’s personal vehicle in connection with those transportation network services.
(5) “Personal vehicle” means a motor vehicle that satisfies all of the following conditions:
(a) A participating driver owns, leases, or is otherwise authorized to use the motor vehicle.
(b) The motor vehicle is not a taxicab, limousine, shuttle, or other for-hire vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle, as defined in 49 CFR 390.5.
(6) “Transportation network company” means a business that, for compensation, uses a digital network to connect passengers to participating drivers for the purpose of providing transportation network services to those passengers. “Transportation network company” does not include a taxicab, limousine, shuttle, or other for-hire vehicle service.
(7) “Transportation network services” means transportation provided to a passenger in the participating driver’s personal vehicle. A participating driver is considered to be engaged in transportation network services beginning when the participating driver accepts a passenger’s request for transportation received through a transportation network company’s digital network, continuing while the participating driver transports that passenger in the participating driver’s personal vehicle, and ending when that passenger, or the last person in that passenger’s party, whichever occurs later, exits the participating driver’s personal vehicle. “Transportation network services” does not include transportation in a taxicab, limousine, shuttle, or other for-hire vehicle.