|§ 106.01||Apprentice contracts|
|§ 106.02||Carpenters’ apprentices|
|§ 106.025||Plumber apprenticeships|
|§ 106.05||Apprenticeship completion award program|
Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 106 > Subchapter I
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Common motor carrier: means any person who holds himself or herself out to the public as willing to undertake for hire to transport passengers or property by motor vehicle upon the public highways. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contract motor carrier: means any person engaged in the transportation by motor vehicle over a regular or irregular route upon the public highways of property for hire, including the transportation of buildings, as defined in s. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Department: means the department of transportation. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Division of hearings and appeals: means the division of hearings and appeals in the department of administration. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- For hire: means for compensation, and includes compensation obtained by a motor carrier indirectly, by subtraction from the purchase price or addition to the selling price of property transported, where the purchase or sale thereof is not a bona fide purchase or sale. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols or figures. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Officers: when applied to corporations include directors and trustees. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Person: means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, company, association, including express and forwarding companies or agencies and railroad companies, or their lessees, trustees or receivers. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Preceding: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next preceding that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Promulgate: when used in connection with a rule, as defined under s. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Property: includes real and personal property. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Secretary: means the secretary of transportation. See Wisconsin Statutes 101.922
- State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- United States: includes the District of Columbia, the states, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the territories organized by congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Week: means 7 consecutive days. See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 403.504