Terms Used In Wisconsin Statutes > Chapter 181 > Subchapter XI - Merger; Conversion
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Allegation: something that someone says happened.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Apprentice: means a person engaged in the learning of the practice of funeral directing under the instruction and personal supervision of a funeral director who is licensed under this chapter and whose funeral establishment is located in this state. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Compensation: means direct or indirect payment, including the expectation of payment whether or not actually received. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Embalming: means disinfecting or preserving dead human bodies, entire or in part, by the use of chemical substances, fluids or gases in the body, or by the introduction of same into the body by vascular or hypodermic injection, or by direct application into the organs or cavities for the purpose of preservation or disinfection. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Examining board: means the funeral directors examining board. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: A government corporation that insures the deposits of all national and state banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System. Source: OCC
- Following: when used by way of reference to any statute section, means the section next following that in which the reference is made. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- funeral director: means any of the following:
(a) A person engaged in or conducting, or holding himself or herself out, in whole or in part, as being engaged in any of the following:
1. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01
Funeral establishment: means any building or part of a building used and held out to the public as being used for caring or preparing for the burial or transportation of dead human bodies or for holding or conducting of funeral services. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01 Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value. in writing: includes any representation of words, letters, symbols or figures. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases. Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity. Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses. Person: includes all partnerships, associations and bodies politic or corporate. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Person: includes firm, corporation, partnership, cooperative, unincorporated cooperative association, and association of individuals. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01 Personal property: All property that is not real property. Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action, evidences of debt and energy. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Preparation room: means any building or part of a building used for embalming, caring for, or preparing for burial or transportation dead human bodies. See Wisconsin Statutes 445.01 Promulgate: when used in connection with a rule, as defined under…. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Property: includes real and personal property. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party. State: when applied to states of the United States, includes the District of Columbia, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the several territories organized by Congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony. United States: includes the District of Columbia, the states, the commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the territories organized by congress. See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01 Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed; "year" alone means "year of our Lord". See Wisconsin Statutes 990.01