Current as of: Dec. 2011
When used in this rule, the following terms shall have these meanings:
(1) “Bureau” means the Bureau of Elevator Safety.
(2) “Course” means a course, seminar or other program of instruction approved by the bureau for the purpose of satisfying continuing education requirements established in Chapter 399, F.S.
(3) “Course hour” means fifty minutes of instruction, exclusive of breaks, recesses, or time not spent in instruction.
(4) “Course provider” means the person or entity approved by and registered with the bureau pursuant to this rule and who is responsible for conducting a course approved pursuant to this rule.
(5) “Course instructor” means the person appointed by the course provider to actually conduct an approved course.
(6) “Current satisfactory inspection” means an inspection completed on or after August 1 of the previous year that is the most recent annual inspection conducted prior to submission of the current application for renewal and contains no violations.
(7) “Direct supervision” means a certificate of competency holder supervising an elevator helper as set forth in Section 399.01(16), F.S., is within physical proximity of the person being directly supervised such that timely observation and evaluation of the work being performed is facilitated to ensure the work is completed in accordance with applicable statutory and administrative code requirements.
(8) “Session” means each distinct occasion a course is conducted.
(9) “Syllabus” means a detailed outline of the course content to a level of detail that sufficiently demonstrates the relevance required by subsection 61C-5.008(3), F.A.C.
Laws implemented by this Rule: Florida Statutes § 399.01
This Rule authorized by: Florida Statutes § 399.01, 399.02
Florida Laws: Elevator Safety